Saturday, December 8, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Wow. I haven't been on here in a long time! I've been super duper busy, plus my internet got shut off...
Anywhoo on Nov 30 I went on a field trip to UCLA. There was A LOT of fog, traffic, and it was pouring rain.
It got kinda scary. We couldn't see in front of us at some times.
There was some amusement though. These guys weren't having too good of a time pushing their truck out of the mud.
Needless to say we were an hr and 45 minutes late for our tour and couldn't find another person to show us around. We split up into little groups and wandered around for 2 hours. It was nice at the school and makes me excited to go to college. It's scary though because I have no idea what I want to be "when I grow up". Here are some of the buildings.

I wish it wouldn't have been so rainy. It would have been nice to see the campus when it was sunny, but we had fun walking around in the rain. It was funny because everyone else had umbrellas and we didn't. Where I live umbrellas aren't used very often. I think we got more amusement out of the squirrels more than anything else! He looked like he was ready to attack!
We also went to the cafeteria. The lines were so long. The shortest was Wetzel's Pretzels so we just got pretzels from there. It was the first pretzel I've ever had from there and it was pretty good. I dunked it in cheese and strangely it tasted like I was eating a grilled cheese sandwich. Now I know why there were so many sets of stairs at the campus. Gotta walk off those extra pounds.
After we left UCLA we went to the Armand Hammer Museum. I guess it was fun. If I learned one thing it was I'm definitely not into art museums. I mostly didn't like the fact I was being watched constantly and I had to leave my bag behind. Like I can fit a huge painting in my little bag... There was one gallery I really liked that involved homemade paper and string art. I took a picture and got yelled at. Haha I took another one though. Yes, I know. I'm such a rebel :)
After the museum we got back on the bus and had a long drive home.
Other than a field trip I haven't done much other than homework,homework,and more homework. I know I'm lagging on my Once Upon A Time walk-throughs. I'm gonna try and get those up within the next few days. Well I'm off to make gingerbread houses!!
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment