Monday, November 19, 2012

Baby Gift Set Pattern

Here is the complete set
You can find the rest of the pictures of the set here. I'm not doing a full tutorial on how to make each individual item, because I won't be able to use them after I make them. I'm not planning on having any babies any time soon.  Here is my pattern for the booties, bib and burp cloth.
Here are the sites I used for each of the items made:
Baby Booties
Bib
Changing Pad with Storage Pouch

For the burp cloths you'll need a top fabric (I used a soft cotton) and a soft towel. I just bought a washcloth from Wal-Mart. I know some people like the towel to be on the inside, but I found it to be very bulky and I though it looked perfectly fine with the towel as the back of the burp cloth. Just use the pattern to cut out 1 top piece and 1 towel piece. Sew them right sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Be sure to clip the corners, turn it and top stitch around the entire edge.

Now for the blanket I didn't use a pattern at all. I just cut a 3'x3' square from my top fabric and a 3'x3' square from my bottom fabric. Just lay them right sides together and sew using a 1/4" seam allowance. Once again, make sure to clip the corners, turn, and top stitch.There you have it. A wonderful gift set for someone else or yourself :)
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment